How To Care For Your Mannequin
Training Heads With Hair
All hair types go through the process of chemical washing and steam disinfection. Kindly note that the discovery of some grey strands or threads on practice heads is a normal.
When your product arrives, we recommend the following guidelines to ensure proper care and extend the life of your product.
- [YAK Hair] Once you unpack your head, detangle the hair before washing with a wide-tooth combs or your fingers, please comb the hair gently from the tips to the very top to minimize (inevitable) shedding.
- [Kinky Curly Human Hair] When you unpack your new head, you can either wash it as is or first unravel each twist for a full kinky afro look.
- [Yak Hair] Gently shampoo & condition with cold or lukewarm water.
- [Kinky Curly Human Hair] Gently shampoo & condition with cold water.
- ALL HAIR
- Wash regularly to avoid build up of hairspray and other styling products that could cause the hair to become dry and dull.
- Wash the hair with the strands flowing in one direction and deep condition once or twice a week. As the hair can not get nutrition from the scalp, deep conditioning will be help to manage frizziness and shedding.
- Do not comb the hair immediately after washing, you should wait for the hair to dry before combing.
- When time permits, allow the hair to air dry instead of using a blow dryer. Use a dry towel to gently absorb the excess moisture on the hair and place the head in a well ventilated area but out of direct sunlight to avoid damage and discolouration. If you need to use a blow dryer, a cool setting would be best.
- Use a heat protectant on the hair to reduce the risk of heat damage whenever you use a heated application on your hair.
- Kindly note that it is normal to have a small amount of hair loss during the grooming process.
- Yak hair can be permed, curled, straightened bleached and dyed. Even though it is possible to bleach & dye this hair type, those processes do cause damage so it is recommended to use human hair for the best results. Always do a strand test before colouring.
Have fun with your new mannequin and check out our IG page regularly for styling tutorials and inspiration! @ladymmannequins